COLCA CANYON 2 DAY TREK
|Price per person based on 2 people, double occupancy. Only offered with private guide. Domestic flights not included.|
The Colca Canyon 2 Day Trek allows you to explore one of the world’s deepest canyons in a different way. You will walk into the canyon and appreciate the amazing flight of the Andean condors very near to you.
This alternative tour is perfect for people who love to walk.
Colca Canyon Trek
Pick-up from the lobby of your hotel in Arequipa (not included) between 03:00 hours – 03:30 hours, and departure by bus on your excursion towards the Colca Valley driving across Pampa Cañahuas at the Aguada Blanca National Reserve, the habitat of herds of vicuñas. You will reach Chivay at 06:00hrs approximately, where beautiful pre-Columbian terraces still being cultivated by native Collaguas can be observed.
After having breakfast in Chivay, transfer to Cabanaconde from where you will start walking down into the Colca Canyon. Along the way, you will have spectacular landscapes. Once at the bottom of the canyon, you will cross the bridge to reach the town of San Juan de Chuccho. Here, you will have lunch with local people and rest a little.
Next, you will continue walking down to the town of Cosnihua (duration: 1 hour approx) and then on a flatter trail to the town of Malata. After walking for approximately 6 – 7 hours, you will arrive in Sangalle (oasis), a beautiful place located between the mountains of the canyon.
You can soak in the warm water of the swimming pool.
Finally, you will enjoy dinner.
Overnight in basic cabins in Sangalle.
Condor Cross and Departure to Puno
Early in the morning at 04:30 am, you will start the final walk on a zigzagging and quite steep path for approximately 3 hours.
You will have breakfast at a local restaurant and then transfer to the viewpoint of the “Condor’s Cross” from where the great Andean bird, the Condor, may be spotted flying in circles above green still-farmed pre-hispanic terraces.
Next, you will return to Chivay, where you will have the opportunity to visit the hot springs of La Calera. Finally, you will take the bus to Puno.
Price per Person
|2 travelers – Double occupancy||US$ 225|
The Colca Canyon 2 Day Trek is customizable. If you would prefer to travel for fewer days or add days or destinations to your trip, please let us know in the Comments Section of the Get Free Quote form. You can also fill out our Design Your Trip form or Contact Us form with your specific needs.
- This Colca Canyon 2 Day Trek is available every day of the year.
- Acclimatization: first, we strongly recommend you to drink coca leaf tea. Second, rest for at least 3 hours upon arrival at your hotel. Third, eat little as digesting food might be a bit slow during your first day.
- Weather: the rainy season starts in mid-October and lasts through mid-April in the Andes and jungle, being January and February the heaviest months of rain. Therefore, the best time of the year to visit the Colca Canyon is from March to November.
- If you are looking for a complete experience, we highly recommend you check our Amazing Peru Vacation Package
- Hotel accommodation according to itinerary.
- Meals according to itinerary.
- Guided excursions are in English in private service.
- Shared transportation.
- Entrance tickets.
- International and domestic flights.
- Visas required to enter Peru.
- Airport Taxes.
- Hotel in Arequipa and Puno.
- Entrance ticket to the hot springs.